Each year SMMoA (The Santa Monica Museum of Art) hosts a Tour da Art Competition in conjunction with their annual bike event. This year the ride will stop at a number of locations throughout the Santa Monica area and is considered an easy-going ride. To highlight the festivities, the museum is running a competition once again for a black and white illustration of a "bike critter."
Deadline: June 21st, 2012
|Bike critter artwork by Cole Maness 2010|
What is the SMMoA Bike Critter?
SMMoA Bike Critter: \`bīk - kri-təәr\
a fun-loving creature or animal whose passions include long bike rides, art,
music, and sunny afternoons with friends.
|Coco Moon Chilcote from Philo, CA. 2011|
Who Can Enter the SMMoA Bike Critter Competition?
The competition is open to artists of all ages. There are some rules, which we've listed below:
- Deadline: June 21st, 2012
- Entry should be sent to: email@example.com; with the subject header:
“2012 Tour da Arts Bike Critter Contest”
With the following information:
- Contact Information
- Attachment: One 100 -180 dpi image between 5”x7” to 8”x10” in size (for judging only); must have a 300 dpi image at 8”x10” in size in case you are selected.
- File format: .jpg
- No text. We are only looking for the bike critter.
- Color: Black and white only; one additional accent color is acceptable; the selected image will be reproduced in both black/white and in color (if any).
Designs will be judged on originality, creativity, and appropriateness by a jury of local artists and SMMoA’s curatorial staff.
The winner will be announced on June 28, 2012.
|Bike critter artwork by Shay Weissler-Sanchez (courtesy of C.I.C.L.E.) 2009|
- Their winning drawing will be featured and credited in all of the collateral and promotional material for Cause for Creativity: Tour da Arts, vol. 4. This includes: postcards, website, product giveaways, press releases. It’s a great addition to your portfolio and/or a nice way to be recognized for a cool drawing!
- A set of all items featuring the Bike Critter will be mailed to you.