| Top Ten New Year's Resolutions for Pets
By Sarah Lane
Jan 20, 2008, 10:28 PST
Top Ten New Years Resolutions for Pets (And You)
1. I will take my pet to a veterinarian for a yearly examination. Maintaining their health will not only save me money in the long run, but my pet will live a longer and happier life as well.
2. I most certainly will keep my pets vaccinations up-to-date. A lot of ailments can be avoided and my pet deserves to be treated with the resources available today.
3. I will not feed my pet people food. Their digestive system is not meant to handle it and they will become lurkers around my kitchen and dining room table.
4. Feeding my pets good quality food in appropriately designated amounts will keep them healthy. They like routine feeding times and habits and will come to count on my discipline.
5. I will take my pets to training classes and use the techniques suggested so that they are well behaved animals. They will come to know whats expected from them and this will make my life and theirs less chaotic.
6. I will keep my pet thoroughly groomed which includes brushing, clipping, or whatever else is necessary to keep them and my household more comfortable. This will reduce the amount of dander and hair that lingers, and keep longer haired animals cooler in the summer.
7. I will not ignore my pets. They need exercise just as much as I do. Keeping them locked up in a postage stamp sized backyard is not daily exercise.
8. I will be consistent when relating to my pet what is expected of them concerning their behavior with appropriate awards and punishment. I will not harm my animals when they misbehave, but rather my tone of voice will inform them of wrong doings.
9. I will say no to exotic pets and animals, theyre called wildlife for a reason.
10. I will take care to remove all dangerous objects, hazards, and chemicals from within the reach of my animal in my home. I might even keep a pet first aid kit handy in case they get hurt.
Bonus: I will love my pet! After all it is I who decided to have them in the first place and they depend upon me for their well being.
© Copyright 2008 by ClassBrain.com
Top of Page