Last Updated: May 29th, 2012 - 03:07:02
| Watermelon Birthday Cake
By Watermelon Promotion Board
May 28, 2008, 20:33
Have you every thought about how to make a birthday cake without cake and still make it fun and festive? Here is the solution: a cake made out of watermelon! With just a little bit of work, you can totally transform a watermelon into one of the most unique birthday cakes we have ever seen. This is the perfect alternative for the person you know that hates cake (and yes, there are people who do).
|A fun and healthy alternative to a traditional birthday cake.|
Materials Needed for the Watermelon Birthday Cake:
- 1 Oblong watermelon
- Channel knife (or vegetable peeler)
- Whip cream
- Birthday candles and mint for garnish
|Working on the "cake" layers.|
Instructions for the Watermelon Birthday Cake:
- Choose a long watermelon with very straight sides for this carving.
- Wash watermelon and pat dry.
- Remove rounded ends.
- Cut 2 “ thick horizontal rings from center section of watermelon, for desired cake height.
- Use a channel knife to carve one design into the rind of each ring. If you cannot find a channel knife, you can use the top of a standard vegetable peeler.
- Cut each ring into 6 even wedges.
- Arrange wedges from different rings to create a varied cake design, building to desired height.
- Top with berries and whipped cream, birthday candles and fresh mint leaves for garnish.
© Copyright 2008 by Classbrain.com
Top of Page