Last Updated: May 29th, 2012 - 03:07:02
| Short Rib Stew
By Cynthia Kirkeby
Apr 21, 2008, 15:40
This cozy short rib stew is sure to warm you through and through on a cold winter day. The secret ingredient is paprika. Preparation and cooking takes about 5 hours.
Servings = 8
Short Rib Stew Ingredients
- Beef short ribs
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 lbs of russet potatoes
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 Tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 bottle of beer (12oz)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2-4 tsp of paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of fresh ground pepper
Short Rib Stew Directions
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a ziplock plastic bag. In batches put a couple of the ribs in at a time and shake to coat.
- In a heavy pan cook the bacon until crispy. Remove and set aside. Pour off all but 1 tsp of the fat.
- Cook the short ribs in bacon grease until brown on all sides. Set aside with the bacon.
- Cook the garlic and onions until soft.
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours until the meat on the ribs pulls away easily from the bone and the potatoes are fork tender. Serve while hot.
© Copyright 2008 by Classbrain.com
Top of Page