Last Updated: May 29th, 2012 - 03:07:02
| Italian Potato Salad
By Idaho Potato Commission
Apr 19, 2008, 17:47
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon each fresh oregano and chopped basil leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon each of dried oregano and basil)
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup olive or walnut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad
- 6 medium-sized Idaho Potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fennel
- 1 cup sliced red onion (soaked in cold water)
- 1/4 cup pitted, oil-cured black or green olives
- 3/4 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, cooked and sliced thinly
- 6 cups washed arugula or field greens
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Chop potatoes into 1-inch cubes. In a large pot of boiling water, boil potatoes until tender, about 7 - 9 minutes. Drain potatoes well. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Combine balsamic vinegar and broth in a cup; drizzle over potatoes.
- Add fennel, sliced red onion, olives and cooked sausage to the bowl; stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over mixture and stir gently to coat all ingredients with dressing. Serve salad over greens.
Yield: 6 servings
Approximate nutritional analysis per serving: 524 calories, 34 grams fat, 38 mg. cholesterol, 507 mg. sodium, 12 grams protein, 44 grams carbobydrate.
(does not include optional ingredients)
© Copyright 2008 by Classbrain.com
Top of Page