Last Updated: May 29th, 2012 - 03:07:02
| Cascading Watermelon Centerpiece
By Watermelon Promotion Board
May 28, 2008, 21:02
This beautiful cascading watermelon centerpiece is the perfect focus for the table at your next party. With easy step by step directions you'll be done with it in a jiffy!
|An elegant cascading fruit salad makes a great focal point for your next party table.|
Instructions on How to Make a Cascading Watermelon Basket
- Using an oblong seedless watermelon, cut a ¼ inch slice off the bottom to provide a stable base.
- Draw lines in the scallop design with a sharp pencil or thin marker two thirds of the way up and all the way around the watermelon as shown in the photograph.
- Scoop out the flesh with an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, and reserve for salad.
- Place cake divider pillars inside of bottom piece of watermelon, offset towards the back. Place smaller piece of watermelon on top of the pillars to form top basket. You may wish to stabilize top by inserting long metal skewers from the top tier to the base, hiding them toward the back of the basket.
- Using a leaf-shaped pastry cutter, create decorative leaves by cutting the shapes from a thin slice of rind that has the green outer skin removed. Attach to base with toothpicks, as shown.
- Fill base and top tier with watermelon fruit salad, to create cascading effect.
|The scallop cut on this watermelon is the simple key to this impressive centerpiece.|
© Copyright 2008 by Classbrain.com
Top of Page