Topic: Book Analysis
I need to write an analysis of a book. How do I do it? THX - PJ
Hi PJ, THX for visiting ClassBrain.com! We hope the following information is helpful.
The word analysis just means a close examination of something, its parts, and their relations. A book analysis is where you get a chance to take apart your book and examine the different sections of its text. A book analysis answers questions such as, what was the main focus of the book? How was the book written? Why was it written? Did it make its point? How do the parts of the text fit together?
To make this easier, write a paper that answers the following questions and youll have a book analysis:
1. Who wrote the book?
2. Whats the title of the book?
3. Who published the book?
4. Where was the book published?
5. What year was the book published?
6. What is the purpose, argument, or main focus of the book?
7. Describe the text and include major themes and conclusions.
8. How do these themes come together in the book?
9. What are your personal thoughts about the text?
10. Why do you think the author wrote the book?
11. What is the most important sentence, paragraph, or point made in the book?
12. Did the book accomplish what it set out to do?
You cannot go wrong if you answer these questions completely.